A wallet is a place to store your cryptos. This wallet can be both hardware (cold wallet) and software (hot wallet).
In this section you are going to learn what wallet to choose so you can find the best wallet(s) for your needs!
When getting a wallet you should think about these kinds of things:
- Is security more important than convenience?
- What cryptocurrency do I want to store on the wallet?
- Am I going to store more than one cryptocurrency on the wallet?
These kinds of wallets offer the best security for your cryptos and they are generally more advanced to use compared to for example software wallets.
The hardware wallet that we recommend the most is LEDGER NANO S. The Ledger is one of the most well-known Bitcoin security companies, and they released the device in August 2016.
This wallet is supporting an astounding amount of cryptos, like:
- Bitcoin (BTC): The Ledger was first designed for holding Bitcoin
- BitCoin Cash (BCH): The Ledger was the first hardware wallet that made it easy for Bitcoin holders to get free Bitcoin Cash
- Litecoin (LTC): LTC is popularly known as the “silver of cryptocurrencies”, and it was the second coin added for the Ledger Nano S software/hardware
- Ethereum (ETH): Ethereum is 2nd after BTC in the world coin rankings
- Ethereum Classic (ETC): This is a forked version of ETH and it was requested and added very soon after release
- Stratis (STRAT): Stratis is a strong cryptocurrency with a bright future and a great development team
- Dash (DASH): I feel Dash has a great future considering they have great marketing, a really strong team, and most importantly, a usable currency
- Ripple (XRP): Ledger Nano S is a perfect choice for those who are looking to hold Ripple long term. The Nano S is definitely one of the best wallets for holding Ripple
- Komodo (KMD): The Ledger Nano S added support for Komodo recently
- Zcash (ZEC): Zcash is a privacy-based cryptocurrency and many people love it. Zcash is considered to be a decent investment
- Dogecoin (DOGE): Dogecoin can be stored on the Ledger Nano S wallet as well. Dogecoin was very popular a couple of years ago, but not anymore
For more info about this awesome wallet, check out this link.
These wallets you can have on your computer or phone and is usually very easy to use. The best part is, they are FREE!
Our favorite hot wallets are:
Exodus is a hot wallet with a beautiful and super user-friendly GUI, it also has great compatibility with the most popular cryptocurrencies.
Easiest way to store small amounts of crypto
Convenient; spending and receiving payments is fast and easy
Some hot wallets allow access to funds across multiple devices (like Jaxx)
Not safe for the secure storage of large amounts of crypto
Do you have any questions about wallets what was not answered here? We will answer within 48-hours!